Card Creator - Creating and editing Blueprints
Learn how to create card formats for your cards using the Blueprint tools.
Published: May 13, 2020 by Juan Delgado
In order to create your cards, first you need to create blueprints for those cards.
When you create a new card set, a prompt will allow you to create a new blueprint or use an existent one.
You can also edit an existing one by going to the blueprint preview image in the cardset:
Once you are in blueprint mode, you can rename it by clicking on it’s name in the top bar.
First, set your card dimensions (you can change it again later). The card dimension tool will appear on mouse hover:
A blueprint is composed by layers stacked on top of each other like a sandwich 🥪
You can add, remove, rename and sort layers using the toolbar at the right. Switch the sides of the card with the “Front/Back” button at the bottom.
You can also set the margin of the layer with respect to the edge of the card, and the spacing between panels per layer.
Select the layer you want to edit. Then you can manage your panels:
- Add a new one by splitting an existing panel.
- Resize by moving the separator between two panels.
- Delete by right-click the separator between two panels.
You can enable a grid to snap your panels to the grid divisions:
Select a panel by clicking on it. Then you can:
- Rotate it
- Set a padding
- Set the panel type (click again on the panel to show the panel type tool gizmo)
- Set the panel data
- Set the panel material (bottom left icon, see below for the effects)
There are 4 types of panels:
- Text (to render text)
- Image (to render a custom image with alpha support)
- Icon (to render an icon from the gallery)
- Code (to generate different matrix barcodes like QR)
Each panel type have different data that can be customized.
For the panel material, there are different types, they allow to prototype faster the look of your cards without creating custom images for the panels.
That’s all! You can now create cards based on your blueprint design. To do so, take a look on the Collection guide!